THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SARASOTA SWIM ACADEMY
As with all classes, there are a few procedures that need to be addressed. These aren't necessarily set in stone, but we feel following the guidelines will create a smooth transition into the water for your little ones.
Please download the attendence card/sheet,
that we would like you to bring to class each day. If you can not download it, we will provide one for you on the first day of class. The flip side of the attendence sheet lists the "procedures" for class. It's a nice reminder for you, as you bring the attendance card to class.
1. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before class and have your child line up at their station marker.
2. A bathroom break is recommended before class
3. Children should be in swim wear: Children over 3 years of age:
For girls: One piece suits are recommended (keeps them focused and not always tugging on their suits)
For boys: Bathing suit/swim briefs (with draw strings ok) or swim jammers (hug the legs),
no board shorts or
cut-offs. (loose clothing billows and interrupts buoyancy)
Goggles or snorkel goggles for all students ( keeps them focused and not always rubbing their eyes)
We do want our swimmers to be comfortable opening their eyes in the water, in case they lose their goggles or
get water in their goggles.
A bathing/swimmers cap if hair is chin length or longer (keeps hair out of the eyes).
Towels and warm sweater/jacket for after
OPTIONAL: Rash Guard shirts- UV protection
4. Parents/Guardians must stay through out the class,in the bleachers or bring a chair/towel and sit in the
lawn area. (in case a bathroom break or emergency arises)
5. Parents be ready to retrieve their child immediately after class. We recommend that the parents
arrive 5 minutes before the end of class, to watch. We may have the children demonstrate what they’ve learned
to the parents at the end.
6. Unless you have purchased a day pass to the Arlington Park & Aquatic center for you and your family,
there is NO SWIMMING before or after class.
7. It is ok for the children to eat before beginning of class. Try to provide from the following BRAT diet: i.e. bananas, rice, apple sauce, or toast.
Please stay away from any dairy or citrus products.
See you at the pool.